Printout at The Point, Doncaster
My monoprints are currently part of an exhibition called ‘Printout’ at The Point in Doncaster. Alongside three other artists, the exhibition looks more closely at some of the different print processes and how you get from the initial idea to the finished piece. Other types of printmaking included in the exhibition are linocuts, collagraphs and etching. The linocuts by Graham Firth are a particular favourite – the detail in them is amazing.
In the exhibition I included the glass I use for inking on (you can see it on the extreme left of the above image). It is a very messy and ‘covered in ink’ piece of glass but beautiful in it’s own right. I now use the clean side to ink on but have the pattern from previous leaves showing through as I work.
As part of the exhibition, I have done a couple of workshops at the Gallery – one with a group of adults and one Saturday drop-in workshop with children and their parents, where we created a big leafy tree as part of the exhibition. Here’s a close-up of some of the prints the children made.
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- Been visiting @instagram world last few days... haven’t decided whether I’ll stay there yet. Maybe dual citizenship… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Look at lovely collagraph plates by @karenjoyce007 in her studio @HotBedPress - beautiful! https://t.co/08ThC12bxs 2 weeks ago
- 11 mths research @ArtlabCPS with @AA2Aproject, new screens @screenstretch, exposed screens @HotBedPress leads to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Testing zoetrope’s size, number of slots and picture direction before starting artwork and designs for exhibition... https://t.co/F6j1fUopw7 2 weeks ago
- RT @RobGMacfarlane: Word(s) of the day: "ghost species" - species that survive almost exclusively due to human intervention, on borrowed ti… 3 weeks ago