I have been commissioned by Jones Lang LaSalle to work with local schools in Hyde and create some artwork for the Clarendon Square Shopping Centre. The theme of the project is ‘I Love Where I Live’ and is going to be a long frieze made up of lots of drawings, prints, photos and paintings of buildings in Hyde.
Last week I began the creative workshops with an initial session at Flowery Field Primary School. I worked with a lovely group of Year 6 students who created some drawings of their own houses and then did some monoprinting of some favourite things in their lives. We got so carried away with the monoprinting that we didn’t have time for the last part of the workshop which was to work in groups to create a large scale collage of a high street. I’ve arranged to go back for another session to finish off the work.
In the meantime, I’m starting to put together some of the fantastic drawings produced at the session…
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- Look at lovely collagraph plates by @karenjoyce007 in her studio @HotBedPress - beautiful! https://t.co/08ThC12bxs 7 hours ago
- 11 mths research @ArtlabCPS with @AA2Aproject, new screens @screenstretch, exposed screens @HotBedPress leads to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Testing zoetrope’s size, number of slots and picture direction before starting artwork and designs for exhibition... https://t.co/F6j1fUopw7 3 days ago
- RT @RobGMacfarlane: Word(s) of the day: "ghost species" - species that survive almost exclusively due to human intervention, on borrowed ti… 1 week ago
- RT @Botanygeek: The packing material in @lizearle boxes is 100% plant-based. Does the same job as polystyrene, but is totally biodegradabl… 1 week ago