Hyde Art Project ‘I Love Where I Live’
I have been commissioned by Jones Lang LaSalle to work with local schools in Hyde and create some artwork for the Clarendon Square Shopping Centre. The theme of the project is ‘I Love Where I Live’ and is going to be a long frieze made up of lots of drawings, prints, photos and paintings of buildings in Hyde.
Last week I began the creative workshops with an initial session at Flowery Field Primary School. I worked with a lovely group of Year 6 students who created some drawings of their own houses and then did some monoprinting of some favourite things in their lives. We got so carried away with the monoprinting that we didn’t have time for the last part of the workshop which was to work in groups to create a large scale collage of a high street. I’ve arranged to go back for another session to finish off the work.
In the meantime, I’m starting to put together some of the fantastic drawings produced at the session…
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- Most time consuming was sewing the 5000 fish with fishing wire (ha - appropriate!). Had a little help from… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Thankyou! #labouroflove twitter.com/blueberrybutto… 1 week ago
- RT @CuratorSpace: Welcome to this week's header artist, #Manchester-based @jacquisymonsart. See more work at jacquisymons.co.uk https:… 1 week ago
- I hope it's powered by a team of cyclists... or at the very least, solar energy? twitter.com/officialtfgm/s… 1 week ago
- I like this... @OfficialTfGM https://t.co/CXqNCHTahA 1 week ago