It’s all about the RSPB this week…
Last weekend we had a lovely arts event at Dove Stone Reservoir, organised in collaboration with the RSPB. Alongside specially composed music (played by Saddleworth School Brass Band and Greenfield Brass Band), there were lots of things going on, including dance, visual arts, poetry, wildflower planting and leaf printing.
Richard Dawson created some gallery style plinths that showcased artworks responding to the amazing landscape and environment at Dove Stone Reservoir. These included a piece of gritstone, some water, a section of peat, acorns, a bumble bee and some honey bees.
He also installed some tree drawing machines, whereby drawings are created by the movement of the tree’s branches in the wind.
(For more of Richard’s work, have a look here)
Alongside facilitating a drop-in leaf printing workshop, I created some large-scale withy honey bees which were displayed in the wildflower meadow overlooking the reservoir.
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- Most time consuming was sewing the 5000 fish with fishing wire (ha - appropriate!). Had a little help from… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Thankyou! #labouroflove twitter.com/blueberrybutto… 1 week ago
- RT @CuratorSpace: Welcome to this week's header artist, #Manchester-based @jacquisymonsart. See more work at jacquisymons.co.uk https:… 1 week ago
- I hope it's powered by a team of cyclists... or at the very least, solar energy? twitter.com/officialtfgm/s… 1 week ago
- I like this... @OfficialTfGM https://t.co/CXqNCHTahA 1 week ago