The Complete Printmaker – Week One
I’ve just started a year long printmaking course called The Complete Printmaker at Hot Bed Press in Salford. Over the duration of thirty weeks we’ll be covering lots of different printmaking techniques and I’m hoping to learn lots about how to get better results and how to ink up plates properly!
Here’s my trace monoprint (or monotype) from week one. It’s from a collection of drawings I’ve just started of all the cameras I’ve ever owned. Below is the original drawing I made the monoprint from. Next week – Drypoint.
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- Most time consuming was sewing the 5000 fish with fishing wire (ha - appropriate!). Had a little help from… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Thankyou! #labouroflove twitter.com/blueberrybutto… 1 week ago
- RT @CuratorSpace: Welcome to this week's header artist, #Manchester-based @jacquisymonsart. See more work at jacquisymons.co.uk https:… 1 week ago
- I hope it's powered by a team of cyclists... or at the very least, solar energy? twitter.com/officialtfgm/s… 1 week ago
- I like this... @OfficialTfGM https://t.co/CXqNCHTahA 1 week ago