The Complete Printmaker – Week One
I’ve just started a year long printmaking course called The Complete Printmaker at Hot Bed Press in Salford. Over the duration of thirty weeks we’ll be covering lots of different printmaking techniques and I’m hoping to learn lots about how to get better results and how to ink up plates properly!
Here’s my trace monoprint (or monotype) from week one. It’s from a collection of drawings I’ve just started of all the cameras I’ve ever owned. Below is the original drawing I made the monoprint from. Next week – Drypoint.
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- This is rather fantastic! twitter.com/printsalford/s… 3 days ago
- Look - it's my loo of bling! AKA The Gilded Pissoir... twitter.com/fountain2017/s… 3 days ago
- Ink, leaves, print... https://t.co/40DbKMnBdB 3 days ago
- RT @arbarus: An oak tree @RSPBDoveStone getting in on the tree drawing act too. twitter.com/RSPBDoveStone/… Hoping to reveal some Arboreal Artw… 5 days ago
- RT @NHSMillion: Would you support higher taxes to fund the NHS? RT for yes, like for no. theguardian.com/society/2017/s… 5 days ago