Hyde Orchard Creative Sessions – Day One
We did our first creative workshops to generate ideas and work for the Hyde Park Community Orchard artwork this week. Our first victims were 30 Year Ones from Godley Primary School, who enjoyed working out the seating arrangements for the outdoor classroom before playing a game of Fruit Salad in the Orchard. We then took the group inside Bayley Hall and used The Park Cafe for lots of art activities including mono printing, still life fruit drawing and making bird mosaics out of fruit.
In the afternoon a smaller group from Hyde Technology School attended to do some similar sessions, using local birds including Jays, Blackbirds, Blue Tits, Great Tits and Wood Pigeons as inspiration for their artwork. Both groups created lots of brilliant work, some of which you can see below.
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- This is rather fantastic! twitter.com/printsalford/s… 3 days ago
- Look - it's my loo of bling! AKA The Gilded Pissoir... twitter.com/fountain2017/s… 3 days ago
- Ink, leaves, print... https://t.co/40DbKMnBdB 3 days ago
- RT @arbarus: An oak tree @RSPBDoveStone getting in on the tree drawing act too. twitter.com/RSPBDoveStone/… Hoping to reveal some Arboreal Artw… 5 days ago
- RT @NHSMillion: Would you support higher taxes to fund the NHS? RT for yes, like for no. theguardian.com/society/2017/s… 5 days ago