Hyde Orchard Creative Sessions – Day One
We did our first creative workshops to generate ideas and work for the Hyde Park Community Orchard artwork this week. Our first victims were 30 Year Ones from Godley Primary School, who enjoyed working out the seating arrangements for the outdoor classroom before playing a game of Fruit Salad in the Orchard. We then took the group inside Bayley Hall and used The Park Cafe for lots of art activities including mono printing, still life fruit drawing and making bird mosaics out of fruit.
In the afternoon a smaller group from Hyde Technology School attended to do some similar sessions, using local birds including Jays, Blackbirds, Blue Tits, Great Tits and Wood Pigeons as inspiration for their artwork. Both groups created lots of brilliant work, some of which you can see below.
Search ‘Being A Freelance Artist’
'Being a Freelance Artist' is me, Jacqui Symons; a Manchester-based artist and designer, who creates public and community art alongside her own work and practice.
Being A Freelance Artist aims to give readers an insight into me and my work whilst at the same time providing advice and support about becoming and surviving as a freelance artist.
- Most time consuming was sewing the 5000 fish with fishing wire (ha - appropriate!). Had a little help from… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Thankyou! #labouroflove twitter.com/blueberrybutto… 1 week ago
- RT @CuratorSpace: Welcome to this week's header artist, #Manchester-based @jacquisymonsart. See more work at jacquisymons.co.uk https:… 1 week ago
- I hope it's powered by a team of cyclists... or at the very least, solar energy? twitter.com/officialtfgm/s… 1 week ago
- I like this... @OfficialTfGM https://t.co/CXqNCHTahA 1 week ago